CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Pesh.Art Shoes and Pesh Team stand firmly behind the thesis and define corporate social responsibility as a duty of business to contribute to sustainable economic development, labor relations with workers, their families, the local community and society as a whole to improve the quality of life.
We are deeply convinced that it is our duty, both as a business and as individuals, to contribute to the sustainable economic development of the environment in which we are developing, to respect the lawful and honest labor relations with both our colleagues and in the overall work environment we are in. It is our personal and corporate responsibility to respect ethical and moral norms and take care as far as their families, the local community and society as a whole are concerned. We believe that each of us can contribute to improving the quality of life.
According to the International Business Leaders Forum, corporate social responsibility is understood to promote responsible business practices that benefit business and society and promote social, economic and environmental sustainability by maximizing the positive impact of business on society and minimizing negative.
The principles Pesh. Art Shoes and Pesh Team believes, defends and works on are:
- Sustainable manual production and preserving the endangered by extinxtion tradition of shoemaking- in a world where business is evolving through abbreviations and technology like B2B and B2C and people are being replaced by machines we believe it is important to keep the development of business in style HUMAN to HUMAN. In support of this, as well as other positive practices and principles, our Team has signed The Copenhagen Catalog in 2018.
- REDUCING UNNECESSARY PRODUCTION AND LOSS OF MATERIALS- almost every pair Pesh.Art Shoes is made-to-order, this is how we offer individual attitude and specialized care to our clients, but also reduce unnecessary production;
- REDUCE THE ADVERSE IMPACT ON NATURE- all products we use are REACH certified. REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) is a European Union regulation addressed to the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment. Its 849 pages took seven years to pass, and it has been described as the most complex legislation in the Union's history and the most important in 20 years. It is the strictest law to date regulating chemical substances and will affect industries throughout the world;
- МINIMIZATION OF POLLUTION- much of the residual materials that left after your personal Pesh.Art pair of shoes is handmade are collected and stored, waiting the perfect moment to be reused and/or recycled. In this point (and the above one) we stand behind one of the most important principles describing the environmentally friendly businesses- Reduse, Reuse, Recycle;
- NO MORE PLASTIC- in Pesh.Art Shoes we- The Pesh Team truly believe that everyone chooses their own way to help preserve the environment and the planet Earth. Тhe way we chose is to say NO to plastic, plastic products and fossil fuel based products. To use as little as possible until we completely remove it from our everyday life and production. Therefore, among our products you will not find any ones that are made by genuine leather, leatherette or vegan leather- all these are made by plastic, plastic products, fossil fuel based products. Often harmful chemicals may be used too
- PROTECT WILD LIFE- according to REACH certificate all of the leather made in approved European factories have proven origin and the status of recycled material. Тhis is because the animals used for the purpose were previously raised for the livelihood of the community. The Pesh.Art Shoes are made only with such, and thus we are sure we protect the wild life out there (not only in Europe but also in other areas where abuses and violence are often seen on animals because of their valuable skins).
- Gender equality- The Pesh Team firmly believe in the right of every human being to be in the state of equal ease of access to opportunities regardless of gender. We support and stimulate the development of this principle in every possible way and at every possible moment of its existence and we intend to continue. We look at this principle not only as a goal, but also as our responsibility and as the future that waits our society to mature enough.
- Fair Trade- based on dialogue, transparency and respect in order to achieve greater fairness in international trade. It contributes to lasting development, creates better trade conditions and guarantees the rights of producers and workers. In our country (Bulgaria) there are many years of tradition of producing leather products and especially shoes. Numerous luxury and high-quality world-famous brands assign parts of their production to our country because of the lower prices of quality labor. There is already a community in Bulgaria, consisting of young people (including us) who believe that the change to good should come from within, who believe in the opportunity and right of everyone in fair trade - whether it be a producer or a buyer.
That's why we produce handmade high quality products and offer them to the world market at a fair price.
- Human Rights and Equal Pay- we believe that every human being has the right to work and develop in safe working environment, equal pay for equal work, opportunity for quality life and equal opportunities for realization.
If you have any further questions on our CSR activities, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com